New meeting locations and start times beginning February 2019:
The Club meetings are typically held on the second Thursday of each month from 6:30pm-8:30pm. The Board meeting will precede this meeting in the hospital cafe between 5:30pm and 6:20pm. Everyone is welcome to attend all meetings.
The Health Education Center is actually on the east side of the hospital (see location pictures). Attendees should park in the outdoor lot on NE 92nd Ave. The entrance to the Health Education Center is up a set of brick steps to the right of the main hospital parking structure. Rooms 7 and 6 are downstairs from the lobby area, with both stairs and elevator immediately available.
- Peacehealth Southwest Medical Center (hospital)
- Health Education Center, Room 7 or 6
- 400 NE Mother Joseph Pl
- Vancouver, WA 98664
- (just north of Mill Plain Blvd between Andresen Rd and I-205)
2019 Annual Potluck/Dinner meeting
We will have a short meeting after dinner. It's a fun time to review & reflect on the years events and enjoy each others company. Please join us at this fun annual gathering.
- When: Thursday, January 10th, 2019
- Where: Gustav’s Restaurant
- 1705 SE 164th, Vancouver WA
- Hosted by: Tom Baltes (505) 298-1256, email: email@example.com
- Club members will be able to order off a short menu with 7-8 entrees and will have gluten and lactose free options.
Please RSVP to Tom Baltes no later than January 6th, 2019. As an added incentive, club members who renew before January 2019 and attend the dinner meeting will be given a free VUSAV walk coupon.
Below is the typical meeting topics for each month.
- Jan - Annual Potluck/Dinner Meeting
- Feb - Social meeting with presentation, speaker or other options
- Mar - Solicit candidates to elected offices due to change in July
- Apr - Social meeting with presentation, speaker or other options
- May - Begin process of selecting YRE & Seasonals for next year
- June - Elect officers and finalize schedule of YRE & Seasonals
- July - Annual picnic - Watch for details/location in the Newsletter
- Aug - No meeting
- Sep - Start process of selecting traditional events to host next year
- Oct - Social meeting with presentation, speaker or other options
- Nov - Finalize traditional event schedule for next year
- Dec - Christmas cookie meeting
If you are planning on attending please contact one of the officers
(see Contact Us page) to verify the meeting time and place.
Everyone is welcome to attend all meetings.
Benefits of Club Membership
Cost of Club Membership
- Monthly Club Newsletter
- Reduction in credit walker fees for club sponsored walks ($2)
- Opportunity to become part of a fun group planning, and hosting walking events
- Opportunity to walk with folks who love walking and love to share their walking adventures
How to become a Member or Renew Membership
- Individual $6 per year, renewal by Jan 1 of each year, starting Jan 1, 2019
- Family $12 per year, renewal by Jan 1 of each year, starting Jan 1, 2019
Order Club Apparel
- Come to a meeting and we'll get you signed up
- New Member
Form (good til the following Dec 31, As of Jan 1, 2018)
- Membership Renewal
Form (due by Jan 1 of each year, starting Jan 1, 2019)
- Open the Land's End link below
- Create an account for yourself or Login
- Select item specifying color (blue is our club standard)and size
- Apply the club Logo
- Complete your order
- Land's End:
Vancouver USA Volkssporters PO Box 2121 Vancouver WA 98668-2121